Why Biblical Counseling?
God has all the answers for life! When I'm talking with people they are sometimes surprised that the insights and answers they receive in a counseling session come from the Bible. When I hear, Wasn't that book written for ancient times? I am reminded of two things. First, the character of man hasn't changed over the ages. And second, the character of God hasn't changed either! Of course, we modern people often believe we are different...smarter and more aware. After all, we have the internet and we have probes in outer space!. Some people think since we have all that intelligence that we would have less problems, but that is not the case. I believe that as long as we are walking on earth, we will have the same old problems of pride and greed that was present in ancient man.
Think of the Bible as a manufacturer's manual. God created us and He wrote a manual about what we need to keep operating properly. It is also an amazing manual about God, sort of an autobiography. God's story, written by Him so we could understand Him. Of course, He seems to leave some of the juicy parts out..like where did He come from anyway? But everything you want to know about His character, His likes and dislikes and generally how to enjoy life with Him and others is all there. I challenge you to see for yourself. This incredible book of wisdom and hope inspires a life of love and peace with God and others.
At FreshStart the Bible is the primary source of direction used in counseling. We do not preach, we simply give insight from God's Word that has worked for millenniums to help people live life to the full.
Bible Based Programs
All programs at FreshStart Resources are presented from a biblical foundation. Individual and group ministry provides curriculum that is Christ-centered and biblical. FreshStart is known for our groups dealing with overcoming codependency, anxiety, and developing Christ centered self confidence. Call our office to find out what groups are available and how to participate.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- We believe that through biblical principles of living and spiritual counsel, we can assist individuals in obtaining a new start in life and maintain a healthy joyful life.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascenstion to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation for the lost and sinful man, regeneration through the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of the life eternal with Christ and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
WANT TO DONATE?
If you would like to bless the ministry of FreshStart with a financial donation, please mail your check made out to FreshStart Resources to PO Box 87, Hendersonville, TN 37075
FreshStart Resources is a non-profit, 501 (C ) tax exempt organization. All donations are tax deductible. Quarterly and year end receipts are issued for your tax records.
Eleos Ministry Training School
Eleos (Greek meaning: to extend mercy) Ministry Training School for women began in the fall of 2009. An ecumenical program designed to develop leadership and prepare students for ministry. The curriculum has intellectual depth, comprehensive topics and exposes the student to the spiritual, emotional and relational needs of persons and how to minister to those needs. This 2 year program is divided into 4 semesters with classes that meet weekly for 3 hour sessions. In addition, there are field experiences that expose students to various types of worship and practices in the body of Christ. New classes begin the third week of September each year. A syllabus can be obtained by contacting our office.
FreshStart Resources for Women
The Noble Woman Project is a 4 month training program that provides assistance to women who are in need of developing life and marketplace skills. The program incorporates life skills, occupational skills, and career planning while also cultivating spiritual growth and self-esteem. Any woman can benefit from this program; however, it is primarily targeted towards women who find themselves in difficult circumstances due to relational or economic circumstances. NWP is devoted to assisting these women in developing the life and marketplace skills that are necessary to become whole and happy. The program requires six hours of participation per week.
“Come to Me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” Matthew 11:28